- There is no ridiculous wait
- You are in control of the vibe! Want something chill with 90s R&B jam in the background you got it.
- You already know the food will be great :). If you follow my foolproof recipes, there is no need to worry.
- You don’t have to get dressed up. Brunch in NY is definitely a scene at times, and people come out in their Sunday’s best! Want to have your brunch in PJs go for it!
- Bottomless drinks don’t end up costing you an additional $25. For that price, you can buy 2 containers of OJ and 2 bottles of champagne. No worries about having to chase the wait staff to refill your cup!
Steak & Eggs with Plantain Hash
Classic brunch dish paired with plantain hash
- Flank steak or any double cut steak
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- fresh thyme
- fresh bay leaf
- salt& pepper
- olive oil
- butter for searing
- 3 ripe plantains
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- oil for frying
- salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you may want to use
These are instructions for cooking your steak with the Sous Vide
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper in a hot pan
Add garlic, fresh thyme, and bay leaf with some olive oil into your ziplock bag
From here you will be instructed to follow the instructions via the app. If you don't have a Sous Vide you can cook your steak in a pan on the stove to your liking.
For Plantain Hash
Cut off both ends of the plantain, and place a diagonal slit down the middle. This will allow you to peel open the plantain. You want to dice your plantain into small square pieces.
Heat up oil in a medium-sized pan. You want just enough oil to fry the plantain.
Working in batches fry the plantain. You want to turn the plantains once and frying 1-1/2 minutes per side.
You want them to be golden brown this process should take about 5 mins. Make sure not to crowd the pan.
Once plantain is done use a slotted spoon to remove from the pan and drain on plates lined with paper towels.
In a medium-sized pan drizzle pan with oil, and add onions and garlic and the rest of your seasonings. Cook in the pan for about a minute or so.
Next you want to add in the bell pepper, diced tomatoes, bring to a simmer
Before you add the beans to the pan make sure to drain and wash the beans. Wash in a strainer with warm water. Add the beans to the pan along with the plantain, and remaining seasons.
Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally you want to make sure the heat is set to medium so this doesn't burn easily. Give the hash a taste and add any additional seasonings you may want to.
Serve with steak and eggs! Enjoy 🙂
COOKING UP THAT WORK VOL.14
Its been a while since I made one of these mixes! In honor of my Birthday month 🙂 Here are my favorite jams I’ve been playing non-stop for the past few weeks! Hope you enjoy 🙂
Until next time!